Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Date

Real friends will stay with you under the pouring rain.
Two days ago, I was walking back to our apartment. It was just an ordinary day from work. I heard a prayer from a church near by and it suddenly touched me. It felt like something has touched my heart to enter a church that has always been there. The voice of a woman, echoing inside and out of the church, was like any other voices that pray yet it has some magic to catch my attention.

Inside was a simple chapel. The pews are not crowded and only few people are standing for the mass. It was a Wednesday morning and most church goers have to face their busy lives. The majority of the people praying inside are mostly adults. I sat at the far side of the chapel beside a lady who prays while her eyes are tightly close. She showed so much devotion with her prayer. Such devotion is a devotion I never had.

I sat there staring at the image of God. For a long time, I stared to His image and talked to God of stories I wasn't able to tell Him. I know that he knows what are the events in my life. But as how I treated him for the long time, I always speak to him like a friend I have not seen for a long time. Then it seems like a coffee break with a dear friend on a quiet garden and just chattering about our own lives, updating each other the emotions and ideas. After sometime, my sleepiness is dragging my eyes down. I decided to go home.

As I walked down the stairs, it felt like there was something I missed to tell Him. I wanted to go back but the Wednesday mass was already starting. I refused to go back because I know I won't be staying as long as the on-going mass. I saw the Adoration Chapel and I thought to myself that it is the best place to speak with Him again.

It is a more quite place to have a chat with Him. There was only one woman there. She was sitting in  front and I know she was reading some sort of Christian prayer guide book. We did not mind each other because we were both there for the same reason or almost the same reason- to speak with God.

Again, I sat for a long time to have the feel of the place. Then I started to pray in my mind. After some minutes, I started crying silently. It was so nice to cry at His shoulders. It is different to be with Him on a silent place. In this busy city, it is difficult to find a place where in I could talk to my creator in silence but a chapel or a church on a weekday where less poeple or the most dedicated church goers are the only human presence there. I did not mind the people. I was there to visit a friend I have missed for a long time now.

Everyday I go to work and go back home. I eat and sleep, do my chores, and live my life as usual everyday. I didn't mind anything for more than 8 months but continue my life each morning until I go back to sleep. I get drunk at times, I go partying, and I would just live undeserving of my Creator's blessings.

I believe that this is the time when He knocks at my heart to show me that I am already forgetting our friendship and our magical momentarily heart-to-hear and soul-to-soul conversations.

No comments: